Monetary donations can be made through our Friends of the Library. You can find a link to their page here.
Please keep in mind that donated materials are reviewed using the same criteria as purchases. Most donations will not be added to the collection. If not added, the library may place items in a library book sale, donate to a Little Free Library, or discard or recycle them.
All items must be in good condition: covers on, clean, mold- and fragrance-free. Discs should be without scratches.
We gladly accept:
- Adult fiction and nonfiction that has been published in the last 5 years
- Any books in good condition for children and teens
- Audio books on CD
- Music CDs
We can’t take:
- Books discarded by other libraries
- Books in poor condition (stained, yellowed, musty, moldy, torn or written in)
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- CD-ROMs, computer software or games
- VHS or cassette tapes
- Outdated nonfiction books (books over 5 years old on topics such as business, travel, health, finance, computers)
What to do with items our library can’t take:
- Goodwill on Shelburne Road accepts clean book donations. (802) 658-5359
- Recycle paperbacks in with your other blue bin recyclables
- Hardcover books are not recyclable. However, the CSWD has a helpful Reuse & Donation Options page with suggestions: https://cswd.net/a-to-z/hardcover-books/
- A local processor accepts hardcover books for recycling. Call them directly for pricing.
Shred-Ex (accepts household quantities)
529 Jasper Mine Rd
Colchester, VT 05446