Fiscal Year 2021/2022 Property Tax Bills:
The bills will be received by property owners around July 15th.
There is a new look to the tax bills but all the important information is still there. Click to see sample.
Please review the property tax bill for the correct tax rate/property tax credit.
If you don't know how much you need to pay or need a copy of your tax bill, please contact us with any questions at email@example.com or 802-264-5520.
|State Education Tax||1.5982||1.8681|
|Town Municipal Service Tax||0.5593||0.5593|
|Total Tax Rate
Due Dates (for the new tax year, starting July 1)For 2021/2022 Tax Year (due by close of Town Clerk's Office Hours):
- August 16
- November 15
- March 15
- Tax billing cycle runs July 1st through June 30th of each year.
- The Town of Colchester is required to bill and collect the State of Vermont's Education Tax which is determined by the State Legislature annually.
Here is a linkwhich shows the Town's Municipal Service tax and the State of Vermont's Education Tax on a sample tax bill.
- Tax Bills are sent to owner of record around July 15th of each year.
- Postdated payments of property taxes are not accepted.
- The tax bills have 3 payment stubs on bottom to be used for each of the 3 installment due dates.
- New owners after July 1st need to request a copy of their tax bill from us if not received through the closing (sale/purchase) process.
- Delinquent balance charges include interest of 1% monthly for the first 90 days on balances left unpaid after each due date. Interest of 1.5% will be charged monthly after the 90 days until paid in full.
- The penalty schedule is as follows, one time, 5% charge for first 30 days and, one time, 3% charge for balances remaining due after the 30 days. This is charged on tax balances not paid after each due date on tax bills.