Our new online Employment Application Form is now available
town job openings:
Rescue - Career Captain: AEMT or Paramedic
We are looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented leader to join our team. Candidates must have a strong crew chief background, and be able to effectively direct a crew, in all types of emergencies, weather, and lighting conditions.
- Licensed to the Vermont AEMT or Paramedic level, or be eligible for reciprocity
- Valid Driver’s license
- Proof of emergency vehicle operation training program
- Paramedics must have, or be eligible for, VT EMS District 3 credentialing/privileges
- ICS 100, 200, 700
- AHA CPR Instructor
- ICS 300, 400
- EVOC certification
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to, and leading patient assessment and care during emergency medical calls
- Crew preparedness and training
- Accurate documentation within the electronic Patient Care Report
- Additional primary responsibility will include: Outreach Coordinator, Volunteer Membership Coordinator, Equipment and Supplies Coordinator, or Training Officer
- Data and Quality review
- Public education/relations
- Cleaning of ambulances and station
- Other duties as assigned
Schedule consists of 3, 12 hour shifts weekly, and will include nights, weekends, and holidays. This is a union employee position, hourly rates are: AEMT – $23.42, Paramedic - $25.45 and a competitive benefits package. Read Complete Job Description
Apply before 1600hrs January 21, 2020.
Parks & Recreation Job Openings:
The Colchester Parks & Recreation Department is seeking fun, responsible and caring Site Assistants to work in a creative, hands-on school-age environment for the A.C.E. After School Program for the remainder of the 2019-2020 School Year. This is a great opportunity to work with children in a dynamic, supportive, and fun environment.
Part time hourly rate range $12.50 to $14.50/hr depending on experience. Hours of work would be 1:45 – 6:00 p.m. or 2:45 - 6:00 p.m.; depending on your availability. We are hiring for Monday - Friday or partial weeks. Must possesses high school diploma or higher and be over 18 years old to classify as program staff.
Applicant must successfully pass a background check prior to employment. Email your resume, interested position and available days to work to Jenn Turmel with the Recreation Department. If offered a program staff position, transcripts will need to be provided. DOE, EOE.
Learn more about Colchester Parks & Recreation.