Curbside Pickup Service
Hours for curbside pickup:
Tuesdays 1-4pm and Saturdays 10am-12pm
How to Request Items:
You can request items one of three ways.
- Congrats! You're on our website. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on “Library Account.” To login enter the numbers found listed on the back of your library card. It will begin 2VSN5. Your password will be your last name, with the first letter capitalized. Now you can search our catalog for your next great read. When you find what you want, click on “place hold.” Verify that you have selected the correct item, and then click “confirm hold.”
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 802-264-5660 Monday through Friday 10-6, or Saturday 10-1. Please allow at least 24 hours for your request to be processed as we have reduced staff due to safety rules and financial concerns.
We will notify you by phone and/or email when your items are ready. Staff will put your items in a brown paper bag with your last name and first initial, and the date we contacted you. These bags will be placed in the designated pick up location.
How to Pick Up Your Items:
Bagged items will be placed in one of two locations.
- On tables in the parking lot near the main entrance
- In the vestibule located immediately inside the entrance--this location will only be used during inclement weather.
Outdoor signage will guide you where to go. To support physical distancing we ask that only one person visit the table or vestibule at a time.
If you have a health issue that requires your items be delivered directly to your vehicle, please call the Library at 802-264-5660 when you arrive and a staff member will bring your items out. We ask that you have your trunk open and waiting.
The Burnham Memorial Library’s buildings remain closed to public access. Please do not knock on the door or ask to enter the building. If you have or are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath), we instruct you not to enter the library parking lot or vestibule until you are well. Browse the FAQs below for more detailed information. If you need further assistance, library staff are here to help. Call us at 802-264-5660.
Finding Something Good
Can you look for specific items or provide reading suggestions?
Yes! Call library staff at 802-264-5660 Monday through Friday 10-6 and Saturday 10-1 or email us at email@example.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will I know my holds area ready for pickup?
You will receive a phone call from library staff at the phone number on your library account. Wait times for holds are longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
How do I return materials?
You may return your items at any one of our three book drops, please be aware items are held in quarantine for a minimum of 72 hours.
I returned my items, but my account says they are not checked back in yet
In order to ensure the safety of our staff and patrons, we are placing all returned items into quarantine for 72 hours before checking those items in. Your items should be marked returned shortly after that time period.
What if I only have a Temporary Digital Access Card?
Your temporary card may be made permanent by providing us with a photo id and proof of residence. Acceptable proofs of residence are a bill, lease, or letter from a service provider. Scan or take a photo of these two documents and email them to the library. Please wait for a confirmation email that your account has been made permanent. We will include your physical library card in your bag of library items.
What if I have mobility issues and cannot leave my vehicle?
We can place bagged items on the hood or in the trunk of your vehicle. Please call us before you arrive to request this accommodation and then when you arrive so we can assist you.
What materials are available for pickup?
All physical materials currently on the shelf are available for pickup, including books, DVDs, audio CDs, and Playaways.
What are you doing to protect the safety of patrons and library staff?
All staff members are required to wear gloves, a face mask, and will practice social distancing from other staff members and members of the public during curbside service. All items checked back into the library during this time will be placed in a 72-hour quarantine before being placed back on the shelves or into circulation.