Downloadable Audiobooks & eBooks
We have recently joined a consortium headed by the Vermont Department of Libraries, which offers the RB Digital service through Recorded Books. It works similarly to GMLC (see below), except that it focuses primarily on audiobooks, and 85% of its collection are always available (they can be checked out by any number of patrons). Items may be checked out for 21 days, with one renewal allowed.
How to Access RB Digital
- Start by going to the RB Digital site in your web browser.
- Click register in the upper right hand corner. You will need to provide your library card number (the entirety), as well as your name, email address, and postal (zip) code. In addition, you will create a username and a password, which you’ll use to access the service. It does not need to match any of your other library usernames/passwords.
- Once you have logged in, you can download the RBDigital software to your Windows or Mac computer, or to your Android or Apple phone or tablet (including Kindle Fire). For further tutorials and assistance, click Help in the upper right hand corner of their website.
Green Mountain Library Consortion (GMLC) Overdrive (formerly Listen Up Vermont) is a web service that offers downloadable audiobooks and eBooks to libraries throughout the state. It works through Overdrive, a well known vendors for library downloadables. In its shared catalog, GMLC offers thousands of eBooks and Audiobooks for checkout by library patrons.
Please Note! - The old web address for Listen Up Vermont no longer works. You will need to use the GMLC site going forward.
Access GMLC Overdrive on the Web
- Go directly to the GMLC Overdrive site in your web browser.
- Log in with your library card number and pin (password).
- If you already have access to your library account online (to renew or place holds), then it’s the same password; if not, stop by or call us at 264-5660 to get your account setup.Also be aware, patrons whose accounts are expired or restricted will not be able to login. Contact us for help to resolve either of those situations.
- Once you have logged in, you can download the Overdrive software to your Windows or Mac computer, or to your Android or Apple phone or tablet (including Kindle Fire). For further tutorials and assistance, click Help in the upper right hand corner of their website.
Access GMLC through the Libby app
Starting on your smartphone or tablet, download Libby and follow the instructions to make a Libby account. Connect your GMLC account and read and listen to your checkouts!
TumbleBooks, TumbleMath, TeenBookCloud, AudioBookCloud, & RomanceBookCloud
TumbleBooks’ databases are easy to use, and feature unlimited access from home! Read as many books as you want, when you want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly. Simply follow the link to the service you want and use the login information in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
www.TumbleBookLibrary.com - K-6 children’s ebook database
www.TumbleMath.com - K-6 math ebook database
www.TeenBookCloud.com - gr 7-12 ebook database
www.AudioBookCloud.com - all ages audio book database
www.RomanceBookCloud.com - a huge collection of steamy Romance novels for the older crowd!