4th of July Celebration
Thursday, July 4, 2019
5K Fun Run
- 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.: Fun Run Registration at Union Memorial School
- FEE: $5.00 per participant
- Race begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Light refreshments available for participants after the race!
- Finishers medals for top male, female, and youth finishers!
4th of July Parade
- Parade Location Notice
- Click here for a Parade Registration Form
- The parade starts at 11:00 a.m. at Colchester High School
- Parade Route: The parade will process from Colchester High School, down Blakely Road, and end at Lavigne Road. Road closure is expected to be approx. one hour.
- Do you have a recommendation for who should be the Grand Marshall at this year's parade? Email comments to Mike, or call him at 802-264-5648
Bayside Beach Holiday Hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Lifeguards will be on duty at Bayside Beach for those who want to swim.
- Bayside Paddle Sports will be open for paddleboard, kayak, and pedal boat rentals.
- 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.: Inflatables
- Concession vendors will also be selling food, drinks, glow sticks, and more.
- 6:45 to 8:45 p.m.: Music Entertainment: THE HITMEN
- The Hitmen are: Jim Cheney (Bass and Vocals), Bob Young (Guitar and Vocals), Brian Donnelly (Drums and Vocals), and Bob Boedecker (Keys and Vocals).
- Musical Style: 1970s and 1980s party rock & roll, featuring hot guitar, organ, and impressive vocal harmonies! The Hitmen play anything from John Mellencamp to Santana, The Atlanta Rhythm Section to Steely Dan - don't miss this fantastic group!
- Fireworks will take place at dusk from the Bayside Softball Field. Please stay behind the safety fence.
- Parking available at: Colchester High School, Colchester Middle School, and the Malletts Bay School.
Support our Event!
The Colchester 4th of July Celebration is currently experiencing a budget shortfall due to low fund raising amounts over the past couple years. If we do not reach our goal of $3,000.00 in funds raised by June, we may need to cancel some aspects of the celebration, including inflatables and live music at Bayside prior to the fireworks show. We are hopeful that the Colchester business community will continue to support this event and help us to reach our goal.
If you would like to donate and help make this event a success, please complete a Donation Form (PDF) and return it to Colchester Parks & Recreation with a check for your desired donation amount. All donors will be recognized in the 4th of July event brochures and in a Thank You in the Colchester Sun.
Donated funds help cover the cost of entertainment (like music & inflatables), portolets at Upper Bayside for during the fireworks, new flags to hang along Blakely Road & Main Street, and safety materials (such as signage and cones) for all attractions during the day [Fun Run, parade, and fireworks]. If you'd like to learn more about how the 4th of July is funded, please contact Mike by email or at 802-264-5648.