No passpt/photos 12pm-3pm, Tuesday, May 24, 2016
NO PASSPORT PROCESSING ON WEDNESDAYS
- We are a passport acceptance agency. You bring your application to our office and we make sure all the information needed to process the application is filled in correctly.
- After your application is checked over, we forward it on to the passport agency for processing.
- A passport photo is required along with the application.
- Photos are available at the clerk’s office for a fee of $10.
- A passport application form may be obtained at the Clerk’s Office or on the passport agency website.
- A certified copy of your birth certificate (must have raised seal) is required. You may obtain a certified copy from the town or city of your birth.
- Proper identification such as driver’s license, recent passport etc. is needed.
- Check’s for payment. The passport fee requires a check or money order paid to the order of U.S. Department of State. No credit cards are accepted. The processing fee, which can be cash, check or mastercard/discover credit card (fee of 2.95 is charged) paid to the Town of Colchester.
- Passport photo.
- If applicant is under 16 years of age, both parents must be present when applying for the passport, along with child.
- If applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, a driver’s license is required for proof of identification. Learner’s permits are not an acceptable form of identification. If applicant does not have a driver’s license, a parent is required to accompany the applicant for identification purposesThe passport agency would like proof that parental consent is given to apply for a passport by their child. One way is to have one parent present with their driver's license. Please call with any questions, 802-264-5520.
- You may call the clerk’s office or check the passport agency website for an up to date turn-around time and fees required.
Check out the U.S. Department of State's online resource for U.S. Passports and International Travel if you need travel within 2 weeks.