NO PASSPORT PROCESSING ON WEDNESDAYS
- A passport photo is required along with the application.
- Photos are available at the clerk’s office for a fee of $10.
What is Needed
- A passport application form may be obtained at the Clerk’s Office or on the passport agency website.
- A certified copy of your birth certificate (must have raised seal) or proof of citizenship is required. You may obtain a certified copy from the town or city of your birth.
- Proper identification such as driver’s license, recent passport etc. is needed.
- Check’s for payment. The passport fee requires a check or money order paid to the order of U.S. Department of State. No credit cards are accepted. The processing fee, which can be cash, check or credit card (fee of 2.95 is charged) paid to the Town of Colchester.
- Passport photo.
- If applicant is under 16 years of age, both parents must be present when applying for the passport, along with child.
- If applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, a driver’s license is required for proof of identification. Learner’s permits are not an acceptable form of identification. If applicant does not have a driver’s license, a parent is required to accompany the applicant for identification purposes. The passport agency would like proof that parental consent is given to apply for a passport by their child. One way is to have one parent present with their driver's license. Please call with any questions, 802-264-5520.
- You may call the clerk’s office or check the passport agency website for an up to date turn-around time and fees required.
Need to Travel Very Soon?
Check out the U.S. Department of State's online resource for U.S. Passports and International Travel if you need travel within 2 weeks.