Downloadable Audiobooks & eBooks
We have recently joined a consortium headed by the Vermont Department of Libraries, which offers the RB Digital service through Recorded Books. It works similarly to Listen Up Vermont (see below), except that it focuses primarily on audiobooks, and 85% of its collection are always available (they can be checked out by any number of patrons). Items may be checked out for 21 days, with one renewal allowed.
- Start by going to http://vermontstate.oneclickdigital.com/ in your web browser.
- Click register in the upper right hand corner. You will need to provide your library card number (the entirety), as well as your name, email address, and postal (zip) code. In addition, you will create a username and a password, which you'll use to access the service. It does not need to match any of your other library usernames/passwords.
- Once you have logged in, you can download the RBDigital software to your Windows or Mac computer, or to your Android or Apple phone or tablet (including Kindle Fire). For further tutorials and assistance, click Help in the upper right hand corner of their website.
Listen Up! Vermont
Listen Up Vermont is a web service that offers downloadable audiobooks and eBooks to libraries throughout the state. It works through Overdrive, a well known vendors for library downloadables. In its shared catalog, Listen Up Vermont offers thousands of eBooks and Audiobooks for checkout by library patrons.
Please Note! - Starting Dec. 1, you'll need to enter a PIN (really, a password) when you login to the system. If you already have access to your library account online (to renew or place holds), then it's the same password; if not, stop by or call us at 264-5660 to get your account setup. Also be aware, patrons whose accounts are expired or restricted will not be able to login. Contact us for help to resolve either of those situations.
Instructions(Please be aware, the Listen Up! website has changed since these were produced - they are currently being updated)
- Amazon Kindle (Including Fire) - Ebook Tutorial (PDF)
- Barnes & Noble Nook/Kobo/Sony E-Reader/Other - Ebook Tutorial (PDF)
- Apple & Android Tablets & Phones - Audiobook & Ebook Tutorial (PDF)
Listen Up! Vermont
Go directly to the ListenUp Vermont! site.